Dvir is looking for an engaged and active individual to join our staff in Tel-Aviv. Resourceful, patient, energetic, available with a flexible schedule, motivated with good interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Ensure the safe and timely preparation of works of art for display, exhibition, conservation, and transport by:
– handling and moving art, including installation and de-installation in the galleries and storage areas, and moving crated/packed works on and off vehicles throughout the galleries;
– assisting in the framing and unframing of two-dimensional artworks and mounting of three-dimensional works of art;
– assisting in design process and then fabricating exhibition furniture such as, but not limited to, pedestals, vitrines, platforms, and object mounts using wood, metal, paint, fabric, and other materials;
– constructing new or retrofitting previously constructed crates;
– packing /unpacking works of art;
– assisting in making assessments concerning the safety of works of art and taking the necessary action and/or reporting problems to appropriate staff.
Prepare galleries for display/exhibition by:
– painting, drywalling, moving freestanding walls;
– performing rough and finish carpentry.
Maintaining gallery facilities, keeping façade and gallery interior both painted and in good working condition as well as clean and tidy.
– Experience in shipping procedures and strong knowledge of contemporary art
– Must be a proactive team player
– Multitasking is expected and basic and complex tasks should be attended to with equal diligence and attention
– Basic mount-making skills using metal, plexi, and other materials as appropriate
– Painting and drywalling skills
– Knowledge of general construction and cabinetry techniques
– Ability to read mechanical and design drawings/sketches for exhibition furniture then fabricate
– Ability to read floor plans, mechanical drawings, and architectural drawings relating to exhibition
furniture construction and layouts
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org